Tips to Prevent and Lessen Eye Strain
- Adjust the brightness of your device. Consider changing your background color from bright white to cool gray. Attach a glare reduction filter to your computer screen.
- Frequently dust and wipe digital screens to help reduce glare.
- Adjust your screen so that it is directly in front of your face and slightly below eye level. Do not tilt a computer monitor.
- Position yourself or your device so there is sufficient distance between your eyes and the screen.
- Lessen the amount of overhead and surrounding light that is competing with your device’s screen.
- When using a computer, first sit in your chair and extend your arm. Your palm should rest comfortable on the monitor (as if you’re high fiving the screen).
- Keep hand-held devices a safe distance from your eyes and just below eye level.
- Increase text size to better define the content on your screen. Use the settings control to make adjustment that feel comfortable to your eyes.
- Remind yourself to blink more often. Staring a digital screen can affect the number of time your blink, causing eyes to dry.
- Take a 20-20-20 break: Every 20 minutes, take a 20 second break and look at something 20 feet away.
- Parents should limit the amount of screen time for children, and reduce their screen time in front of children so as to set healthy standards in the home.
- Blink. Breathe. Break.
~Courtesy of The Vision Council
Yes, We Carry Drilled Rimless Frames!
Made in Austria by Silhouette, the Leading Manufacturer of Drilled Rimless Eyewear
Heading South to a Warmer Climate for the Winter?
And be sure to pack an oversized hard case, a small bottle of lens cleaner & a microfiber cloth for your beach bag. There’s nothing worse that suntan lotion, salt & sand on your sunglasses.
Here are some inexpensive items to take on your trip.
- Bottles of Lens Cleaner, including microfiber cloth – $2, $4 and $6
- Large Hard Cases – great for oversized Sunglasses $7 – $10
- Animal print contact lens cases and eyeglass cases – $7
- Animal print cleaning cloth $3.00
- Contact Lens cases shaped like eyeglasses $2.00
- Travel Kit – includes Soft Grip contact lens case, mirror & tweezers $10.00
Experience clearer and sharper vision and eliminate reflections with Anti-Glare coating!
Did you know…?
We carry quality designer eyewear brands from Elle, Lucky Brand, Banana Republic, Liz Claiborne, Nine West, Nautica, Tumi, OGA, Adidas, Rec-Spec, Marc by Marc Jacobs, BCBG, Jones New York, Pro Design, Geoffrey Beene, Kate Spade, LuLu Guinness, Ted Baker, Silhouette, and more.
Stop in and see the Collection and Treat Yourself to a New Pair of Fashionable Eyeglasses or Cool New Sunglasses!
Having trouble with night time driving and glare? We have a clip that clips onto your existing eyeglass frame with a yellow lens in the clip. The picture shows a few of the shapes that are available for your eyeglass frame. There are also other shapes available. Stop in and see how they will work for you. See the difference!!!
$55 a Pair
Medical Savings Accounts
Eyeglasses are a medical necessity. You can use your medical savings account to purchase frames and lenses, including sunglasses.
Adidas Activewear Sport Sunglasses can be customized with your prescription.
Linder Opticians is a third generation business taking pride in our professional staff helping our customers with frame and lens selections and custom fitting service. We pride ourselves in having almost 1,000 different styles of the latest eyewear. We have our own finishing lab so we can cut your lenses into your new frame on location. We also have sunglasses to use over contacts as well as putting your prescription lenses into your own frame. We do repairs on premises and also do Fresnel prisms. Simply bring in your eyeglass prescription and we will do the rest. We are members of the Guild of Prescription Opticians of America, Opticians Association of America, Willow Grove Chamber of Commerce, WOW of Willow Grove. We sponsor the literacy program of the local elementary schools in conjunction with the Intelligencer newspaper.